Spring is in full bloom and all of us at Elliott Homes are so excited because of all the fun ways to enjoy the season inside and outside your home! Also, this means that Summer is even closer! From blossoming flowers to sparkling sun rays, we’re ready to hang up our coats and make the most of the colors and sentiments that spring is all about! Here are a few design and decor tips to welcome spring into your home, so you can enjoy the season to the fullest!
- Bring plants and flowers into your home. Whether they’re in vases, hanging planters, or sprawled on the mantle, more greenery and color will brighten anyBUDy’s day!
- Designate a weekend to some Spring cleaning to bring in the new season and send out those winter woes! Nothing feels more refreshing than an organized home, so grab the vacuum and cleaning supplies and go room by room to tackle the dust and dirt that’s been building up all winter.
- Give your closet a makeover by switching into the clothes you’ve been waiting to wear all winter! Those fun floral blouses, colorful pants and light jackets are done collecting dust! Likewise, collect all those heavy boots and coats and put them into storage.
- Let the light in! Nothing feels more like spring than fresh air and natural light, so part those curtains and open up those large windows! Spring is in the air and you should have it circulating through your house. If your curtains are large and bulky, consider switching them out for a light and flowy look!
- Pastels and shades of white are back on trend. Replace your pillows, curtains, and accessories to add pops of spring colors. Fun accent pieces with lots of color and even fun patterns are the perfect and affordable way to brighten up any room. With our floorplans ranging in size from 1,854 to 3,300+ sq. ft., you definitely have enough room to utilize all of the trending spring colors!
- Lemonade, strawberry shortcake, lavender sorbet… the options are endless when it comes to cooking creatively with spring ingredients. Keep your gourmet kitchen stocked with fruits and seasonal veggies that are a light and refreshing treat that really scream spring time!
- Speaking of lavender, spring scented candles are back in stock and ready to be lit! Filling your home with all the calming and enjoyable scents of the season are the perfect way to wind down after a busy day.
- Getting the outside of your home ready for spring is just as important as the inside. Decorate your entryway with blossoming wreaths and potted flowers to properly welcome your guests and create an inviting new look for the season!
9. But don’t just plant a new bed of flowers – switch out your actual bed as well! Exchange the flannel sheets and heavy comforters for lighter sheets and duvets. It’ll be easy to catch some ZZZ’s in the right linens.
Spring is the perfect time to have fun with your home decor. Use these helpful tips to enjoy all the feelings of the season inside and outside your home!