The Elliott Homes Blog
Retiring To The MS Gulf Coast is Better Than Ever
Planning to Retire?
Retirement is better when you live or vacation on the MS Gulf Coast! Whether you have just retired or are making retirement plans, you may wonder if your current home will suit your new lifestyle. As Gulfport homebuilders who care, Elliott Homes offers communities and home designs for any stage of life on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Our low-maintenance homes provide a worry-free lifestyle as everything is brand new and under warranty.
Find a Home that Works For Your Retirement Lifestyle
If your house doesn’t have the features or benefits that will make you comfortable while leaving time to enjoy retirement, you may be in a better position to move than you realize. If you own a home, you’ve likely built-up significant equity. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) shared:
“A homeowner who purchased a typical home five years ago would have gained $125,300 from just price appreciation alone.”
CoreLogic reports state the average homeowner has gained roughly $64,000 in equity due to home price appreciation over the last twelve months!
Whether you’re downsizing or “rightsizing,” as we call it, or looking to be closer to all that the Mississippi Gulf Coast has to offer, this gain in equity can help you reach your homeownership goals. We are sure one of our low-maintenance, brand-new homes will have a floor plan perfect for you to relax in leisure.
The Elliott Homes team used the following criteria when designing our homes for those retiring to the MS Gulf Coast.
The Ultimate Aging in Place Design Checklist
- Open Floor Plan to Get Around Easily (Check out The Magnolia, One of our brand new plans “saved as a favorite” the most on our website.)
- Main Floor Primary Bedroom
- Clear Walkway Between Bedroom and Bathroom
- Laundry on Main Floor Near Primary Bedroom
- No Carpet for Ease of Mobility
- Wider Doors And Hallways
- Rounded Corners on Walls
- Rounded Corners on Countertops
- Longer-Lasting LED Lights
- Smart Window Placement to Maximize Natural Light and Aid with Vision
- Kitchen Sink Close to the Stove
- Trash Cabinet to Avoid Tripping Hazzard with Traditional Garbage Can Placement
BEDS & BATHS:
- Walk-In Shower
- Slip-Resistant Floors – Slippery bathroom floors cause more than 200,000 nonfatal injuries in the U.S. annually
- Adequate Clearance Around the Bed
- Lighting in Closet
- Walkable Neighborhoods with Sidewalks and Lighting
- Space to Relax and Enjoy the Environment
- Easy-to-maintain plants/shrubbery
All of us at Elliott Homes are committed to creating a place where life gets better in new home communities in Biloxi, Diamondhead, Gulfport, Ocean Springs and our Townhomes in Pascagoula. Retirement is a stepping-stone to having more time with friends and family while enjoying the things you love most on the Secret Coast. As you prepare for this new phase of life, let us help you find the best community and home design.
For more information on why the MS Gulf Coast is one of the best spots to enjoy retirement, Contact Us online or call 1.844.289.3554 (1.844.BUY.ELLIOTT).