Choosing to build a new home can be one of the most exciting decisions of your life. At Elliott Homes, we know that selecting the right floor plan depends on how you and your family use your home. From the size and shape to room location, every part of the home can affect your experience, so knowing what you want is crucial. Check out our tips for choosing the right home for your lifestyle!
- Figure out what size of home will best suit your needs.
Choosing a floor plan should start with home size. How many bedrooms and bathrooms are enough for you, your family, and your guests? Do you prefer a ranch style or need a two-story plan? Are you downsizing? Make sure to choose a square footage that allows you to live comfortably.
- Keep your lifestyle in mind.
Every family has their own lifestyle, so choosing a floor plan that meets your desires and needs is essential. Do you work from home and need an office? Are you a movie buff who wants a media room? Would the kids enjoy a recreation room? Your plan is up to you, so the possibilities are endless!
- Trust your instincts on what “feels” right when choosing a floor plan.
You just know when a space feels comfortable. Listen to your intuition when looking at different floor plans. If you’re a family with younger children, you may feel that a master suite should be closer to the other bedrooms. However, if you’re an older couple, you might prefer the master suite to be downstairs and separated from the other bedrooms.
- Be honest about your needs and lifestyle.
Your lifestyle and family needs depend on what stage of life you are in. Before choosing a home design, ask yourself:
- Do you have plans to start a family? Is there room in your plan for growth?
- Will you need guest rooms for visitors or additional living space for visiting parents and grandchildren?
- Would you prefer a plan with single-level living?
- Do you love to entertain family and friends? Do you want formal spaces or relaxed get-togethers?
- Don’t forget other space considerations.
If you work from home often or partake in a certain hobby or special interest, you might want a specific space. You should also consider storage like an attic for your treasures. With us, you can customize your home design to fit your families’ needs.
No matter your lifestyle, Elliott Homes can build the perfect space for you and your family. Our expertise and elite customer service make the building process as smooth as possible, so you’ll never feel overwhelmed or worried. If you’re ready to live in your dream home, Elliott Homes is waiting for you! For more information, please visit https://myelliotthome.com/ or give us a call at 1-844-289-3554.