The Elliott Homes Blog
The Ultimate Moving Checklist
Finally, the day you’ve been waiting for has arrived! Make the move easier with our Moving Checklist.
Moving day is an experience unlike any other, and it will be one of the most exciting times yet! Although you’re ready to move into your gorgeous, new Elliott home, make sure you’ve gone over the Elliott Homes Ultimate Moving Checklist of last-minute tasks to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
- It’s time to sit down and make some calls! Notify your children’s schools and medical practices that you’re moving, cancel your subscriptions, alert utility companies to disconnect your services, and notify employers and insurance providers of your brand-new address.
- Hire professional movers a few weeks in advance. Do a little research online and get a word-of-mouth recommendation if you can. Movers who can handle heavy and delicate items, pack them properly, and transport them safely. This will be your best bet!
- Keep your children’s favorite toys nearby. Pack them in an easily accessible bag, so they’re on hand when your kids feel anxious or nervous. Having their favorite toys ready will ease their minds throughout this exciting time.
- Arrange for transportation for your pets! A smooth journey with a trusted friend or family member will make them feel as comfortable as possible — and ready to start their next adventure! Keep them calm with toys and treats.
Dress for Comfort on Moving Day, Our Teams MVP on the Moving Checklist
- On Moving Day, dress for comfort! There’s nothing wrong with rocking a t-shirt and sweatpants while you move. Pro tip: pockets will be your best friend when you need your wallet and cell phone close by.
- When the moving truck arrives at the new house, let the children play in their new rooms. This way, they’ll be safely out of the way, and you can get the work done as quickly as possible — so you can begin to enjoy your new dream home!
- Pack an overnight bag with a change of clothes and toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, etc.), plus towels and washcloths. You’ll be glad to have quick access to these items that you may not be thinking about.
- Stock up on snacks like fruit, nuts, crackers, and granola bars, since they require no refrigeration and no preparation! You and your family can easily munch on these throughout the day to stay full. Don’t forget bottled water and juice!
Your Home Sweet Home Awaits in our New Home Communities
Your single-family home plan by Elliott Homes is awaiting your arrival. We hope you have enjoyed the buying a home process, as the most incredible journey of your life will begin in no time! Make sure to keep this checklist handy so that you’re all squared away on the big day. For more information on our new quick move-in homes and new communities, please visit our website or call us at 1.844.BUY.ELLIOTT.