The Elliott Homes Blog
Important Things to Consider Beyond Your Mortgage Payment
Why is the Total Cost of Ownership Important?
As an MS Gulf Coast Homebuilder, when considering investing in one of our brand-new homes in Gulfport, MS or any of our other beautiful coastal towns, it is wise to consider the total cost of ownership, the equity homeownership builds as well as tax incentives. For example, everything in your new home is under warranty, providing a worry-free home for quite some time.
What is the Total Cost of Homeownership?
TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP (TCO): The cost to buy something plus the cost to operate and maintain it over its useful life.
THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE:
Everything we do at Elliott Homes centers around simplicity and providing an incredible home-buying experience. Our process is created to provide peace of mind to our homeowners. We do this in many ways, including:
- Weekly communication from your neighborhood team with updates on the progress of your home. We will answer any questions and provide communication you can rely on.
- Continual quality inspections by several professionals on the Elliott Homes team ensure your home lasts a lifetime.
- 100% Complete Home at the time of Closing.
- A comprehensive Home Warranty with Primary and Anniversary Quality Inspections.
- Streamlined processes to offer a speedier and more reliable Delivery Date
- Consistent training in the field to keep ahead of the latest in building processes, codes, etc.
There’s more! It’s essential to realize New construction homes are generally more energy efficient than older ones. They include better insulation, more sustainable building materials and more recent technology, putting more money in your pocket! For instance, here are some of the energy-saving materials we use in our home collections:
- TRANE® 14 Seer Electric Heat Pump HVAC
- R-38 Ceiling Insulation
- R-13 Batt Insulation in Walls
- Tight Building Envelope
- Synthetic House Wrap on Exterior Sheathing
- Off-Ridge Vents (2 per Home)
- Honeywell ” Lyric” Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat
- LED Flush Mount Lighting in Great Room, Kitchen, Owners Suite and Owners Shower
- Low-E Energy-Star Rated Double Pane Vinyl Windows
- 2″ Faux Wood Blinds
Learn about the Anatomy of the Perfect Sized HVAC System and how Elliott Homes goes above and beyond to ensure yours is the best.
HOMEOWNERSHIP BUILDS EQUITY:
Home equity has the power to build wealth for homeowners. When you plan on selling a home, any equity you’ve built is returned and can be used on another home or any way you wish. Equity can also be considered generational wealth if passed down through generations.
HOMEOWNER TAX BENEFITS:
You may be able to deduct the interest paid on your mortgage when you own a home. This is a big incentive for many considering homeownership.
Let’s not forget that a home of your own means putting down roots and becoming part of a community, getting to know your neighbors, meeting new people and making lasting friendships.
Visit our Available Homes to find your dream, or contact us at 1.844.289.3554 (1.844.BUY.ELLIOTT) to speak with one of our New Home Advisors. We have fantastic floor plans and the best locations on the coast for any season of life.
To learn about your mortgage options, contact one of our Preferred Lenders.