The Elliott Homes Blog
Quartz or Granite-Everything is Included
Everything is Included in Elliott Homes’ “better than custom” professionally designed homes!
When redesigning our new homes, it was important that everything is included, from no carpet, top-tier cabinets, all Stainless-Steel appliances and more; we decided to have the quartz or granite countertops that were most popular in our custom homes.
Depending on the designer home collections by Elliott Homes, including:
- THE ADRIENNE COLLECTION – Homes in this stylish and low-maintenance Collection include the Elliott, Brooks, Jules and Taylor. The Elliott is an improved version of a home that has won a prestigious Best in Mississippi Award! These value-engineered plans take advantage of every bit of space and include anywhere from 2,068 square feet to 3,479, with 3 to 5 bedrooms plans available!
- THE CREOLE COLLECTION – Homes in this collection pay homage to the southern beauty and grace the south is known for and include the Claiborne, Decatur and Royale plans. Home prices start in the $480s and have a spectacular open plan with square footage ranging from 1,653 to 2,525.
- THE KENNEDY COLLECTION – Homes in this stylish and low-maintenance Collection include the Hadley, Jasmine, Coral, Dune and Sandpiper. Don’t you love those names? These plans include around 1,550 square feet to more than 2,500 with 3 to 5 bedrooms!
These spectacular homes include our highest-tier finishes, including premium alabaster raised panel cabinets with the soft-close features our homeowners love. Topping the high-end cabinets is beautiful Carrara Classic Quartz countertops. You’ll love cooking in your brand-new kitchen with a party starter (one-level) kitchen island and all GE stainless-steel appliances.
Our Ever Popular Cottage Collection Now Has NO CARPET!
THE COTTAGE COLLECTION – Homes in this stylish and low-maintenance Collection include the Opal, Kai and Magnolia. You can choose from 3 or 4 bedrooms; our homes have 2 to 2 1/2 baths and a finished 2-car garage! These plans include anywhere from 1,379 to 1,892 square feet! Take a virtual tour of the Magnolia to see the beautiful home design.
These cost-effective homes sparkle with white shaker cabinets, beautiful granite countertops, a fabulous party starter (one-level) kitchen island, and all GE stainless-steel appliances.
The Differences Between Granite and Quartz
Granite is solid all the way through. It is a natural stone product quarried in large blocks, sliced into slabs and polished to make a beautiful surface. Quartz starts as quarried stone, but then it is ground up and mixed with manufactured resins and pigments. It is not solid stone.
- Some consider quartz more durable than granite since it is harder and nearly indestructible.
- While both are beautiful, quartz has a more muted and uniform appearance than natural stone.
- Requires less maintenance – Quartz doesn’t require sealing or any special care
- Antibacterial Advantages – Since it is non-porous, quartz prevents bacteria build-up.
NOTE: Not heat resistance; use trivets. Also, use a cutting board rather than cutting directly on the countertop.
- Each slab is unique, adding to the “better than custom” feel, and offers more visual movement than quartz.
- Since it’s a natural stone mined from the ground, granite is not in peril with brief exposure to heat. You don’t have to panic if you need to set a hot pan directly on it. However, Elliott Homes recommends using a trivet. With quartz countertops, you need to use a trivet or protective pad under a hot pan, or you could damage the surface.
- As the 2nd hardest material after diamonds, granite resists chipping and scratching under normal conditions.
- To avoid staining, you can cut vegetables directly on your granite countertop when adequately sealed.
We are excited to launch our redesigned floorplans with everything included. Speak with a New Home Advisor to learn more about the best features in an Elliott Home in Florence Gardens, Palmetto Pointe, Landon Green, Sanctuary Trails, Audubon Lake and other new home communities across the Coast!
Make the decision easy, get a professionally designed home in a community designed to be a place where life gets better. Call us today at 1.844.BUY.ELLIOTT.