The Elliott Homes Blog
Thanksgiving with Elliott Homes
Happy Thanksgiving from All of Us at Elliott Homes in Gulfport, MS
Thanksgiving is the perfect holiday to sit and reflect on the people we are most thankful to have in our lives. At Elliott Homes, we are most grateful for our families and friends. Of course, our team, homebuyers, subcontractors and vendors count as such! We hope your day is filled with love, laughter, and gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving!
We asked our team for their favorite memories and ideas surrounding Thanksgiving. We want to share some of these with you. There are many fabulous people here at Elliott Homes, including some who are serious and those with great humor. No matter the personality, they help each other grow through their commitment to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and creating a place where life gets better. In this post, we are excited to share their replies and show the incredible assortment of personalities we have on the board here at Elliott Homes.
First, to create a thankful atmosphere on Thanksgiving Day, here are a few of their most loved sayings and quotes as everyone gathers around the table for the holidays:
- Football fans will appreciate this one: “Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Halftimes take 12 minutes. This is not a coincidence.” — Erma Bombeck
- From a team member who writes in her gratitude journal each morning before heading to the office, “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
Elliott Homes Short Thanksgiving Favorites
- Let our lives be full of both thanks and giving.
- There’s always something to be thankful for.
- There’s always room for seconds.
- Leftovers are for quitters.
- Let’s give ’em pumpkin to talk about.
- Give thanks for a little, and you will get a lot.
- I get pie with a little help from my friends.
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner.
- What did the turkey say to the computer? – Google, google, google!
- What would you get if you crossed a turkey with a ghost? – A poultrygeist!
- What’s the best song to sing when preparing your turkey? – “All About That Baste.”
Gratitude Jar Thanksgiving Favor
A particular favorite from Maegan Harder, one of our Elliott Homes team members, is her “Gratitude Jar.” For guests coming to dinner, these are special favors to give that last the entire year. Each jar is for a small slip of paper with something the jar owner is grateful for daily. They can read through them at the end of the year and share those with special meaning. Get your guest started with a little note from you in the jar, letting them know how thankful you are for them. (Let us know if you would like us to send the attached label to print.)
Now for something fun for the littles from the Marketing Team
Print our Thanksgiving Holiday Coloring Pages for fun at the Kiddie Table. For more ideas, we love the Best Gratitude Activities for Kids at Mindfulmazing.com.
There are many great activities for kids that will help make gratitude a daily ritual, including the following tips:
- Take turns at dinner sharing one awesome thing from your day
- At bedtime, say three things you appreciate about each other
- In the car, play a game where you say everything you love (color, food, movie, hobby, school class, sport, song, etc.)
- Every Sunday, share one nice thing you will do for someone this week
Thank you for taking the time to learn from some of the team; there are even a few tips here from Elliott Homeowners!
We’re sending good wishes to you this Thanksgiving!
- Good food that fills your table
- Good health as you work hard
- Good times with family and friends
May you have all the best delights — happy Thanksgiving from your Mississippi Gulf Coast hometown home builder, Elliott Homes.